Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tasting the Strawberry Shortcake

Imagine having a slice of this light and airy shortcake with fresh strawberries and cream filling. Mmm... Yummy!
So I tried the Japanese Shortcake after dinner on Monday night. The cake was delicious and people who love light dessert would really enjoy this cake. I think strawberries and cream are the best combination ever (yes even better than chocolate, unless you have chocolate coated strawberries in Germany- They are the best. I kept eating them when I visited Berlin in the first year of my undergrad). I digress. There is however some room for improvements. Since my family and I don’t like our cake too sweet and we've followed the recipe by adding sugar to the cream, I found that the whipped cream was a bit too sweet. I will not add sugar to the cream next time or maybe reduce the sugar. Mum said we’ve to put more strawberries for the filling, two layers of it. As for the sponge, Mum’s layer was very good whereas mine was a bit hard. The cake would have been perfect with more strawberries, less or no sugar in the cream and better top layer sponge. I will try to improve baking a basic sponge and butter cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment