Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Trying Out The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake Recipe by The Cupcake Project

The Ultimate Vanilla bee-stung-lips-smiley Cupcakes
There is a cupcake fever at home! Mum has been baking cupcakes for two days straight now, albeit in small quantities. On Monday, she baked her delicious carrot walnut cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. She wanted me to try her cupcake and compared it with my (failed) choco coffee cupcakes. Well, the point she was making is that my cupcakes were dry and brittle as compared to her light and fluffy cakes. She thinks it is due to the way I beat the butter and sugar or that I did not beat them long enough. I still think it was because I did not take out the cupcakes from the pan to let them cool. Sorry no pictures of the carrot walnut cupcake because it is already in my stomach (or maybe out already).

Then on Tuesday night when I came home from work, Mum presented me with her blueberry cupcake in cute orange polka dot baking cups. You see, normally when Mum bakes for the household, she will use just any type of cupcake liners since she focuses more on the taste of the cake. I was pleasantly surprised with the effort she made in the presentation of the cupcake yesterday. I tasted some of the cake and as expected it was light, fluffy and delicious!


I have been doing some research on cupcakes recipes and I came across The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe from The Cupcake Project. I shared the recipe with Mum. We are excited for her to try the recipe since according to the writer of the blog, the recipe has been tested and improved many times and it has the approval of 50 bakers. Mum said that she will be baking them today. That’s means 3 days in a row of cupcakes! KC has had cupcakes for tea three days straight. He will be really fed up with cupcakes by the end of the week. Ha ha! 

So about The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake, the recipe requires vanilla beans. I don’t think Mum has ever used vanilla beans in her years of baking and she didn't know where to get the beans so she omitted them in this recipe. I guess that would not make it the ultimate vanilla cupcake then. Maybe ultimate cupcake?

I tried the cupcake today and true enough it was really light, fluffy and tasted oh-so-good. KC said that the cupcake is really nice even without the vanilla beans! Even my sister loves it and chomp down one on her own (for a person who normally likes sharing the calories). Alright enough cupcakes for the week. I want to bake strawberry short cakes this Sunday.

For the recipe and process see post on Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake Recipe - Part 2


Lighter and fluffier than Mum's usual cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment