Saturday, August 30, 2014

Super Simple to Make Cute Breakfast

This post is inspired by Aum Napat who owns Napat Closet in Chatuchak Market. I just love her short cooking videos and I wanted to make cute and fun food for breakfast after seeing all the lovely treats from her. After Googling I found these ideas.

First is Banana Peanut Butter Bear Toast

These are super fun and simple to do. All you need are two slices of bread, peanut butter, a banana and 6 chocolate chips/ raisins.

The steps, I think, are self-explanatory.


It will be fun to prepare these with my little nephews. 

I used raisins for the bear's eye on the left and chocolate chips for the bear on the right. I think chocolate chips make the eyes look rounder and cuter. For the nose, instead of using chocolate chips, I used chocolate coated coffee beans. Chocolate coated nuts will do the trick too.

Next up, is another recipe perfect for Valentine's Day. I call it Egg Heart. The other V Day recipe is the Surprise Inside Red Velvet Cupcakes.


Here is where the different sizes heart shaped cookie cutter sold in a pack comes handy. Use a large size cutter to cut out the heart shape on the bread. Breaking the eggs into the hole requires some skill. Whichever way you use to break the eggs, just make sure that the yolk lands right in the middle, otherwise it will not look nice. As you can see here, there are two heart cut outs because I messed up the second one. Sprinkle some basil once the egg is done.


I don't like wasting food. Instead of throwing out the heart shape cut outs, I spread some garlic butter on it and pan-fry the bread.


Perfect looking V Day breakfast.

Happy making fun food with love!

No comments:

Post a Comment